A forum to discuss Bible Translations

my experience last passover my first one 2012

Any topic about anything Scripture wise
robdavid

my experience last passover my first one 2012

Postby robdavid » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm

My thoughts from the last Passover feast

This is an experience of mine recently , right or wrong I am not trying to preach to anyone, I am just sharing an experience and an insight into what the feasts personally meant to me recently.

This recent Passover Matsah and Bikurim, Where a really fulfilling time for me, as I celebrated with my wife son and seven grandchildren. Then once they went home I celebrated the rest of the week according the feast of unleavened bread. This is where I hit a few problems regarding the yeast factor. I started becoming obsessed looking at the ingredients of food cans food packaging etc. One thing I did find out was extracted yeast is the result of obtaining yeast from the dregs of wines. According to this information the yeast is dead before the processing of the dead yeast chemicals is included in other foods (as extracted yeast) i.e. cans of soups gravies so on and so forth. I suppose that is why we are allowed the red wine at the feasts as the yeast is killed of by the alcohol so it is basically inert of yeast life. Anyway this thought hit me like a ton of bricks, “it is the symbolism”. Now I assume there is still life in the yeasted bread (though I cant be certain) once it has been baked i.e. the blue mould on bread accumulates after a certain time, I think perhaps the yeast in the bread has something to do with this. So although we fulfil in a literal way the feast of unleavened bread with the un-yeasted Matsah, I feel sure this is extremely symbolic of the sin we need to eliminate from our consciousness.

Now then the passage in scriptures “ the carnal mind is enmity against God” came to mind as well. May be this is from Paul’s writings not sure. I am sure that you will agree the leaven Yahusha talked about is sin. So therefore, although we adhere to eating matsah, there is actually no sin in yeasted bread because that would be to my way of thinking absurd. So the yeast therefore is symbolic of sin, so in doing without yeast and clearing it out of our home is symbolic of the way we should be getting rid of sin in our lives through walking in the Torah, the way to to sinlesness and perfection, through the understanding of Yahowah.

Where does all sin begin? It begins as a small amount of leaven in the human mind or dare I say it the carnal mind (the fleshly mind). Leaven is jealousy, leaven is lust, leaven is wrong desires. Thou shall’t not covet i.e. desire erroneously. I feel Yahusha expanded on the Torah writings and that’s one of the reasons why he came. Yahusha claimed “ye have heard it been said Thou shallt not commit adultery” but commenting on this further he revealed a great insight when he said “ that if thou look lustfully on a woman then thou has committed adultery with her in his heart” . So it seems to me that there is spiritual work to be done, by not thinking erroneously. So all fleshly desires are the result of the carnal mind influencing us if we allow them too. But this is the beauty of free will, we can and have the authority to stand guard at the portal the doorway or entrance to the human mind and allow only those thoughts which bring harmonious results. Pure Yahowah’ish thoughts have a desirous effect on the human body, healthy harmonious thoughts brings about a healthy body. Have you ever noticed how a small amount of envy (leaven) if allowed to take root it can consume the whole mind, therefore having adverse effects on the human body (the body most definitely suffers). Healthy Yahowah like thoughts of purity and innocence can make a man healthy in body and mind. Symbolically speaking leaven comes in all sorts of guises, jealousy, envy, cruelty, covetousness, lust, greed, etc etc. But cutting these things out before they take root in consciousness and therefore securing our well being is the least we can do. Because God is of purer eyes than to behold evil.

So in this context the carnal mind is enmity against Yahowah, whereas if the mind is pure it becomes acceptable unto Yahowah and is eternal. I think this mind then surely reflects the Mind of our God. I suppose it could be likened to a container of muddy water (leaven so to speak). If the clean pure spiritual water was poured in (our spiritual studies of the Torah) then it would eventually become crystal clear being then found in his likeness without a trace of leaven (sin) and thus eternal. But this obviously takes times , but by walking to perfection through observing the Torah, we will become perfect like our God.

Please note I am just conveying and sharing my own experience during this past week or two.

Thanks

willbrinsonferguson

Re: my experience last passover my first one 2012

Postby willbrinsonferguson » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:06 am

Hey rob, sounds pretty good , except the part about our minds becoming eternal by guarding them from impurities. The only way we become eternal is through the saving grace through faith. But every thing else sounds good to me. Yes we put out the food leaven out of our homes as a symbolical reminder to do the same with sin in our lives. And yes sin starts in our minds first so to guard our minds with the washing of the Word is a good thing. Oh but one thing, while we walk in Torah striving for perfection do think for one second that you will ever become like The Heavenly Father. We become like unto but by no means just like Him. We strive for perfection even though we know we never will achieve it in this life, as by doing so we draw nearer to our Heavenly Father if we do it to please Him and not that we can gloat before men just how perfect we are. But it seems as if you are doing well and I pray you continue in perfecting you mind in this life to draw nearer to YHWH through His Son Yehoshuah by the Spirit.
May,
YHWH bless thee and keep thee;
YHWH cause His face to shine on thee, and be gracious to thee;
YHWH lift up His face to thee, and give thee shalom.

Your brother in Y'hoshuah The Anointed One.

https://www.wuala.com/TheTexasRAT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

robdavid

Postby robdavid » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:01 am

Thank you for your very kind comments will. And also the things you pointed out have given me food for thought.

Thanks

Robdavid

Noel

Postby Noel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello Rob
Thank you for your insights into Matsah. I entirely agree with your approach that the obsession with food labels etc is not the point but rather symbolic of something more important. Such can also be said of all the other rituals in the seven feasts, although I think that observation of them is important rather than doing it to the letter. We can't anyway. I mean your lamb which you had at Passover was probably from Tesco or similar, and therefore you did not know whether it was a male or female.
Unless it was a whole animal you bought it would have had bones broken.
And you did not have it living with you for 4 days prior to the feast to get to know it well, or if you did it was in the fridge.

Anyway the point is the same.
Thank you for your insights.

Noel

robdavid

Postby robdavid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi Noel

I am so glad you understood what I was trying to convey, I am not the most articulate but I do try my best to write what
I feel within. May I say also that you are absolutely right regarding the lamb we feasted upon (Marks & Spencer), That,s where we got it from. You may find this quite humorous, I bought it 4 days before Passover. Ah well we do try our best to conform to the best of our ability. Thank you for your reply and kind words.

robdavid

robdavid

Postby robdavid » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:23 am

Hi All here is a post I put on the yada forum recently any comments
would be welcome-zelly

Yada

I have a puzzle I am trying to unravel mentally, but am not able to come to a satisfying conclusion at this moment in time, hence my writing this e-mail to you.

First of all through the benefits of your writings (based upon scripture), I have come to the realisation that the name of God is Yahowah and the diminished manifestation of His earthly corporeal self being Yahowsha ha Ma’aseyah. Also that the Towrah, Prophets, and Psalms, being the scripture we can rely on for the purpose of us establishing a relationship with Yahowah our heavenly Father whom we can walk with hand in hand. I also have come to understand the importance of the Shabbat and of course the spring feasts and the fall feasts.

This is a message I sent to James recently via the forum.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
‘Hi James
I have heard Yada along with Ken talk of Ron Wyatt and his discovery
of the Ark of the Covenant.
I know Yada believes the discovery to be genuine because I have heard him
mention this on past radio shows. I am a little fazed as to understand why this revelation
was discovered by Mr Wyatt. As I watched his video on you tube he talked to the people about
the lord the lord the lord directed him. And Jesus will save and the Christ etc etc etc.
And how we must prepare ourselves in the name of Jesus. He talked about meeting four angels in Jeremiahs grotto
and how they took out the tablets of stone from within the Ark of the Covenant and placed them on a stone shelf and
the angels explained to Ron Wyatt that when the time is right they will be shown to all the world.
He tells about having the blood tested by scientists and they told him that the blood was alive and that there where only 23+1 chromosomes instead of 46.

Oh boy James I was waiting for a witness statement which is a good sign if done by two or more witnesses.
But we only have his word nobody else came forth i.e. a scientist.

I struggle to understand why Yahowah would reveal these wonderful revelations to a man
who calls our Elohym lord and Jesus and Christ and many other false names connected that we and our family
have left behind. Please understand me though when I say that the blood of Yahowsha dripping on the mercy seat of the Ark of
the Covenant makes so much sense as to the ultimate sacrifice. But I am at this moment aghast that it was revealed to a man
that does not understand much of what we understand. I think it would be great if yourself and Yada would do a Shabbat show on this subject as I feel it is quite controversial, and interesting.
I would like to know your thoughts on this subject James.

Zelly ‘
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This basically is the problem of my puzzle, that Mr Wyatt has made such a memorable discovery and yet seems to be endorsed by the angels who helped him remove the tablets from the Ark of the Covenant, and yet he does not use the proper names we associate with God.

I have since learned that Mr Wyatt is allegedly a 7th day Adventist, this makes it more of a conundrum to me, as they do observe the Shabbat but do not seem to keep the spring feasts nor the fall feasts.
And of course as we have come to understand the feasts are a very important aspect of the Covenant.

But let me add Mr Wyatt comes across as a very genuine hard working man who spent a lot of his own time and money making these discoveries. I have seen a recent video in which a witness has come forward to verify the authenticity of the blood Mr Wyatt took from the crack in the rock which eventually fell on the mercy seat. May I make a final point, to myself the discovery and validity of it would be the complete sacrifice that Yahowsha suffered for us. I find it all very emotional and beautiful and agonising and plausible that the precious blood of the ha Ma’aseyah would fell upon the Mercy Seat.

zelly

Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:00 am

Personally I think that just because someone doesn't call Yahuweh by His Name doesn't mean that they can't be used or isn't on a journey themselves to that point. Relationship isn't a collection of magic words or 100% understanding else we would all fall short as we are all far form understanding everything. Just because someone has found Yahuweh's Name or follows the Feast days doesn't mean they have full understanding or even a "free ticket" into heaven or direct access to Yahuweh via some telepathic means. The key is to be actively seeking and pursuing relationship, choosing Yahuweh at whatever stage of understanding you are at.

On Ron's discoveries, I reserve judgement. There are parts of his testimonies that don't fit well with me, but where he claims to have found the ark makes a lot of logical sense to me. Many people claimed to have tracked down the ark to places all over the world at times but this one makes the most sense.

So I am not sure on whether Ron is right or not, and I won't say he is because, well, there is evidence in both sides of the argument. The problem with it being correct and provable though is that it kind of proves the existence of Yahuweh and that is something I get the feeling Yahuweh is trying to avoid right now as there is enough evidence but He seems to want people to find it through seeking Him rather than being given 100% proof. I mean what happens if suddenly we can prove physically all of that? I'm not sure...

That's my thoughts anyway :)

robdavid

Postby robdavid » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 am

Thanks for the response Rob, very helpful and I agree with all
you say.

Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 am

Ok :D Anyone else have any thoughts? :)

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:11 am

I think we can even look to people like Abraham. As far as we can tell, there's no evidence that Abraham worshiped Yahuweh until He called him and told him to leave his father and his family and move. For all we know, Abraham worshiped false gods along with everyone else in Ur at that time.

When it comes to Yahuweh and His revelation of truth, I don't think He particularly cares - His reasons for doing so and to whom is His choice, after all :)

Saying that, I personally take Ron Wyatt's discoveries with a pinch of salt. I really need to see the places for myself.
TWTY website and forum Administrator.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Return to “General”