A forum to discuss Bible Translations

Taruwah

For General discussion about random things
robdavid

Taruwah

Postby robdavid » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi I have been thinking about Taruwah and how I can celebrate it . I get a little frustrated with my family and local acquaintances, as they show a lack of interest. So I was thinking about setting up a table in my local village with a banner that says ‘Our God is Yahowah’ . I could also have sub headings beneath the main title like for instance. 1 ‘The Masorites took away the name Yahowah from his own scriptures’ 2 ‘Yahowah is written exactly 7000 times in scripture’ 3 ‘The Masorites said His name was not pronounceable, but buy using 3 vowel consonants the Yod the Hay and the Wah His wonderful name can be pronounced and should be pronounced. 4 ‘Yahowah is His name and Yahushua is His son‘.

I don’t think I should mention things like Christianity built on the sandy foundation of Galatians or That Muhammad was a thief and a terrible rogue or that Joseph Smith was a nutcase, or that religious Judaism is not in conformity with the teachings of Yahowah. As I don’t think I would live more than 5 min lol.

Only thing is I have not got a bugle or trumpet lol . I wonder if I could not out a tune on a rams horn
If I could get hold of one lol. Any ideas? Getting people to blow on a horn in public could break ice and actually start a conversation. Any comments would be appreciated.

robdavid

Rob

Re: Taruwah

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:20 pm

This is a great idea - although I am not sure what the response would be. I am not sure I would add a subtext just because, well, where do you start? lol It would have to be a sub essay! :D

If you are feeling confident enough maybe you should start simple and focus on letting people know about what it is and not primarily focusing on the "why they are wrong" thing. I have found my conversations with people are a lot more open and thought provoking when I take a more passive stance - especially here in the UK.

I think you can pick up horns online and they aren't too expensive. Just remember that to start a convo that is going to be fruitful you might want to make yourself appear normal :D Maybe get a horn and use it as a demonstration purposes - but I would advise against dressing like Michael Rood and blowing it at people for example :D

Noel

Postby Noel » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Rob
I think you are very sensible in your 'not force feeding' approach which I notice you wrote elsewhere ? I think that is where I have been going wrong........trying to be right.....which I think I am, but it does get people's backs up.
Actually I don't think I am always right. Just most of the time!

Noel

Noel

Postby Noel » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi Rob
I think you are very sensible in your 'not force feeding' approach which I notice you wrote elsewhere ? I think that is where I have been going wrong........trying to be right.....which I think I am, but it does get people's backs up.
Actually I don't think I am always right. Just most of the time!

Noel

Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:20 pm

My probably flawed theory is - we live such a different life than anyone else, it shows without even trying. Those curious enough to ask, those still curious enough get to learn more and ask more questions, then you have those who see the logic and truth in it and realise. From what I have experienced, even if you win the theological or just logical arguments with people who are defensive it is all for nothing - they will defend their beliefs to the hilt. But planting seeds by the way we live and how we are and the choices we make I think makes a bigger difference :)

Return to “General Chit-Chat”