A forum to discuss Bible Translations

Keith Johnson-His Hallowed Name Revieled Again

For General discussion about random things
Royce

Keith Johnson-His Hallowed Name Revieled Again

Postby Royce » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:15 am

Any of you read this? I just got it in the mail and am just getting a chance to open it. I saw some youtube stuff he did that was very interesting as well as some stuff by Nehemiah Gordon.

Rob

Re: Keith Johnson-His Hallowed Name Revieled Again

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 am

yea he is the guy promoting the new thing that both him and Nehemiah were looking into "The Lords Prayer". The checked it out in Shem Tov's Matthew. Nehemiah just got back from the US actually.

I think it's interesting what they are up to, very interesting...

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

I've really only ever heard of him (mainly through Robski and J&M), but not actually read anything by him.

Well, that was until I read the first chapter of the book named above in your post, Royce :)

However, I'm still not happy that it's not a free book to download. If Yahuweh's name is as important as they're making it out to be (and it is), why still charge for people to find out the truth?

It's definitely the most irritating thing in the world
TWTY website and forum Administrator.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Royce

Postby Royce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 am

I thought about that TWTY-Admin, but I wanted to read it so I coughed it up.

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:54 pm

OH, I constantly cough up money to buy stuff - still doesn't make it any less irritating :P

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Royce

Postby Royce » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 am

OH, I constantly cough up money to buy stuff - still doesn't make it any less irritating :P
:lol: i feel ya bro

Royce

Postby Royce » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 am

I see its available for download on itunes now.

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:32 am

"give us today our daily bread - and let lots of people buy our book" I am not sure it is maliciously priced, playing devils advocate, it costs a lot to print a book and I doubt a publisher would want you distributing it free digitally after printing it for you... they at least want to make some cash on it...

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Then you make sure you find a publisher that isn't a greedy bastard. Just pay for the price that it costs to print a copy of the book, and distribute it digitally for free.

It's very simple

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:18 pm

yea you just highlighted the issue there... "find a publisher that isn't a greedy bastard" :D

business is business

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:33 am

Well not to offend them or anything, but with the amount of money they both have, I don't think that Johnson and Gordon would've had too much trouble self-publishing it in book form, and then putting up a PDF version online for free downloading.

You'd be surprised how many people will buy a printed book even if there is a free PDF of it online. Not everybody likes staring at a screen to read :)

willbrinsonferguson

Postby willbrinsonferguson » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:59 am

What I really hate is when you break down and buy a book and find out that they really do not know what they were talking about. I have not got this one but have bought other books in the past because of the title and come to find out that is about all I got for my money, well unless you count all the blundering #*%^@&! that was between the covers. Hoopla, Hoopla, Hoopla, oh boy. It just might be that if authors gave a free revue they would never sell the first copy. And I know people that give free stuff out that is not any better, but at least they have the right spirit. And for that I praise them. Now old TWTY-Admin here deals out good stuff and at a reasonable price, that which he preaches, freely, awmane. Keep up the good work TWTY-Admin - and others like him as well I give the thumbs-up.
May,
YHWH bless thee and keep thee;
YHWH cause His face to shine on thee, and be gracious to thee;
YHWH lift up His face to thee, and give thee shalom.

Your brother in Y'hoshuah The Anointed One.

https://www.wuala.com/TheTexasRAT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Chit-Chat”