For General discussion about random things
Rob

Passover

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Have a good one peoples :)

YahTselem

Re: Passover

Postby YahTselem » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Happy Passover. :D We were reading about it last night as a family and I was amazed at all the questions the kids had. Very productive discussion.. :lol:

Nige

Postby Nige » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Happy Passover, Matzah and Bikuwrym!!
We had some lovely lamb on the bbq :-)

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

I hope everyone had a good passover, and is now not eating anything leavened!
TWTY website and forum Administrator.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 pm

awesomes Nige :D We had it in the over :( lol

Nige

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:53 am

Hi all Emily here running out of food (picnic) ideas for kids on this lovely sunny day in absence of bread (didn't realise how many sandwiches we ate regularly!!). please post me some inspiration :)

Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 pm

wraps! lol

Nige

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:22 pm

ooh yes thanks Rob ;) bought a load of pitta breads.....they have yeast and now in freezer oops!

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Can make your own Unleavened Bread. I'm sure Rob will post the recipe soon :D
TWTY website and forum Administrator.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Nige

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi TWTY-Admin :)

yes did that with boys when explaining about passover, had it with the lamb etc I should just get on and make more, its the school holidays and everyone seems to be hungry all the time :)
...would like to hear Rob's 'special' recipe though Nige used some honey in ours...it was nice

E

YahTselem

Postby YahTselem » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm

You can actually buy yeast free bread. "Ener G Foods" makes some and so does "fit for life". Probably have to buy online but local health food stores might have it. My local grocery store actually carries it and I've had it(it says "yeast free" right on the front). I prefer brown rice bread over white rice bread because the brown is healthier. Of course, then comes the problem of picky kids who won't eat anything but the name brand that they are used to.. lol (I have 4 and all 4 are picky that way - maybe it's my parenting ;) )

Nige

Postby Nige » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

4 kids wow....and I find 2 keeps me flat out!
By the way YahTselem i read your introductory post the other day and found it very encouraging ...what you said about your health and Yah healing you in his own perfect timing. I have been having a health nightmare over the last few months (out of the blue like yours) and being a mum its been really hard. I have prayed for you and trying to be more positive now myself.......all in good time.

Emily (using my husbands account will get round to setting mine up soon!)

Rob

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:03 am

*cough*pitta breads have yeast in*cough* :D
125g wholemeal flour
120g plain flour
6g of salt (a good pinch ;) )
30ml olive oil
180ml hot water.

Mix the flours and salt together well, add the olive oil and mix. Then add the water until it forms a smooth dough. split and roll into 10 balls and leave to sit for 10 mins.

flour a flat surface and roll out a ball into a flat circle with a rolling pin, nice and thin.

heat a frying pan or griddle with a small bit of grease (I use a little margarine or butter) until its smoking.

Once the pan is hot pop the bread in, about 30 secs each side, or until you see darker spots appear (cooked not burnt spots :) )

quick and easy UL bread :) takes about 30 mins to make.
And a nicer one:
Chewy Flour Tortillas
These tortillas have real body and taste; they are perfect for gorditas, fajitas and eating out of hand.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
• 3/4 cup lukewarm milk (2% is fine)

Stir together the flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and vegetable oil to the lukewarm milk and whisk briefly to incorporate. Gradually add the milk to the flour, and work the mixture into a dough. It will be sticky.

Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with flour and knead vigorously for about 2 minutes (fold and press, fold and press). The kneading will take care of the stickiness. Return the dough to the bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rest for 15 minutes. (This dough will not rise, but it needs a rest.)

Divide your dough into 8 balls of equal size, cover them, and let them rest again for about 20 minutes. Avoid letting them touch, if you don't want them to stick together.

Dust your work surface with flour. Working one at a time, remove each piece of dough and pat it into a 5-inch circle. With a rolling pin, roll out the tortilla, working from the center out, until you have a 7- or 8-inch tortilla a little less than 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the tortilla to a hot, dry skillet or griddle. It will begin to blister. Let it cook for 30 seconds, turn it, and let the other side cook for 30 seconds. Remove the tortilla, place it in a napkin-lined basket and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.

Although flour tortillas, like corn tortillas, are best if eaten right after they are made, these tortillas will freeze well. Wrap them tightly in plastic, and they will keep, frozen, for several weeks. To serve tortillas that have been frozen, let them thaw and come to room temperature, then wrap them in aluminum foil and heat them in a warm oven. Microwaving tends to toughen them

Spice it up tips...
• A tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs (like oregano or rosemary)
• A teaspoon or so of dried herbs
• Freshly ground black pepper
• A tablespoon of minced jalapeños
• A little garlic powder (or substitute garlic salt for the salt)

GldChow

Postby GldChow » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:59 am

Shalom, I had my second Passover and I enjoyed it with Yahweh the second time.

For those that did not know I screwed up last month. I asked for for penance and was granted to take advantage of the proviso to have a one month grace as was granted to Hezekiah.

Remember that this is First Fruits and Unleavened Bread; may you all be one of His Chosen.

Thank you Stephen for your wonderful work and blessings.

For those interested I'm working on an audio of the DSS starting at Genesis. I'm using many resources that I have had for years but waited for the release of the LOGOS data base so I could actually see the script and could use it as reference.

This will take wee bit 'o time but I'll keep Stephen posted.

Shalom,
. . . jest me 'n Dog.

YahTselem

Postby YahTselem » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:10 pm

4 kids wow....and I find 2 keeps me flat out!
By the way YahTselem i read your introductory post the other day and found it very encouraging ...what you said about your health and Yah healing you in his own perfect timing. I have been having a health nightmare over the last few months (out of the blue like yours) and being a mum its been really hard. I have prayed for you and trying to be more positive now myself.......all in good time.

Emily (using my husbands account will get round to setting mine up soon!)
Emily, thanks for the prayers. My prayers are with you too and I pray whatever it is will bring you closer to Yah, as that is always my prayer for myself. It has been hard on my wife & kids to see me in a vulnerable state like that. Apparently, if the thyroid is not working right, it can screw up a whole bunch of different body systems and after leaving it unchecked for so long, I basically blew a fuse (hypothalamus went dormant, only allowing me to produce enough energy to do the most basic things - basically chronic fatigue syndrome) and I wasn't absorbing nutrients, so I got dangerously low on b12, vit D, and basically low on most every nutrient and most every hormone. Anyways, after 12 drs, I finally found 2 that are helping a lot and I have slowly gotten better the last few months. Still have a ways to go... I no longer feel like I'm going to die from it like I did before... and I can even exercise now.
I asked for it though... literally. I asked Yah to put me through the fire and get rid of impurities so that he could mold me into a more useful tool. Can't say that's why it happened, but is has brought me closer and helped me to focus on Him more and less on my social life which was a bit too.. well, busy.. at the time(how easily the priorities get turned upside down before you even realize it).
As for unleavened bread, we read about it last night and again I was amazed at all the questions the kids had.. they are very much into it, even though I am sure to tell them that it is optional and they don't have to be a part of it unless they choose to. Today we're going to read about Firstfruits :lol:
Rob, I'll give my wife the recipes - she is a great cook and we want some unleavened bread. thanks
-Terry

Return to “General Chit-Chat”