A forum to discuss Bible Translations

Do angels sing. Music generally.

Any topic about anything Scripture wise
Noel

Do angels sing. Music generally.

Postby Noel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:32 am

Do angels sing?

It is widely assumed that they do, but when you check, I think you find that they speak or say but do not sing (arguably until the millennium). Angels are different to men as they (angels) are not redeemed.

Also, is there not an argument to say that in between the attempted murder of Messiah and the Millennium, that mankind is also not to sing until we sing a 'new song' which will be given to us at a later date.

The reason for bringing this up is because of the trend in accepted christianity for constant singing and very little scriptural teaching, plus the emotional tricks which are used in church meetings to whip up the emotions in order to allow other frightful things to happen which often are passed off as spiritual events but in my view are often either purely emotional or at worst satanic.

Any views?

Noel (Ex organist in several Anglican churches !!!!!! )

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do angels sing. Music generally.

Postby TWTY-Admin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I would definitely say that Christians spend far too much time singing rather than teaching anything Scriptural.

Saying that, Scripture does mention "singing" quite a lot (150 times), and the Psalms themselves are all songs.

Yet as you've pointed out, Heavenly Messengers singing is quite rare - they appear to only sing when Yahushua/the Lamb is in the context (The singing in front of the Shepherds, and the throne of the Lamb).

Maybe there's something in that? :)
TWTY website and forum Administrator.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Noel

Postby Noel » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:51 pm

That's my point. I don't think they sang in front of the shepherds. it says 'saying'. not singing. in the Luke passage.

n

Rob

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Noel - hope you guys are doing well :)

This is something close to my heart. I avoid worship based music now, not because I don't believe I should be singing to Yahuweh, or that it is wrong to sing to Yahuweh or that we have to wait for the new song etc. I decided not to anymore because of that strong emotional response you talked about. I find it was too deceptive and too easy to be swept up in some spiritual malaise, feeling a "holy spirit" thing is too easy for me and I believe it to be false and so I try to be logical and avoid.

I am not sure if this is helping more or hindering my relationship with Yah though, maybe that's something to work out... After being very evangelical happy clappy I am extremely cautious of all that kind of thing :)

What do you think?

Noel

Re: Do angels sing. Music generally.e

Postby Noel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 pm

As a father, I would not particularly like it if my children mainly communicated with me in song, and using words which had been thought up by someone else. I think the relationship would suffer a bit.
Also, and I can almost hear the streams, most rock music is skating pretty close to the satanic line. Certainly you can check the satanic plan behind rap music.
The effect of certain forms of music on the emotions are well know' particularly drumming.

I would accept singing psalms as the words were invented by Yahweh.

N

Noel

Postby Noel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Also,many of the words of Christian songs are doctrinal rubbish.

How are things in Scotland, Rob?. We heard you were moving there.

Noel

Rob

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Things in Scotland are good - we are settled and have started doing things to the new house :) (splitting some rooms up etc...)

Return to “General”