A forum to discuss Bible Translations

When was Yahushua crucified Part 1

Discuss the Renewed Covenant and Paul's writings, or produce your own for discussion!
robdavid

When was Yahushua crucified Part 1

Postby robdavid » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:58 pm

A Chapter From A Brothers Book, He Has Lived In Jerusalem For 12 Years.
This is quite a controversial read.

Chapter 5 - WHEN WAS YAHSHUA CRUCIFIED?
In the New Testament, Yahshua clearly gave us the only sign that we would know that He was the Messiah.

Mat 12:39 But answering, He said to them, An evil and adulterous generation seeks a sign, and a sign shall not be given to it, except the sign of Jonah the prophet.
Mat 12:40 And even as "Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish three days and three nights," so shall the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

That sign is the resurrection; that He would die, but that Yahweh would raise Him up according to Scripture.

Psa 16:9 So my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh shall also rest in hope.
Psa 16:10 For You will not leave My soul in Sheol; You will not give Your Holy One to see corruption.
Psa 16:11 You will make Me know the way of life. In Your presence is fullness of joys; at Your right hand are pleasures forever.

99% of professing Christianity celebrates the death and resurrection of Yahshua each year from Good Friday (day 6) to Easter Sunday (first day of the week). And yet a child can see that you cannot get 3 days and 3 nights from late afternoon Friday to early Sunday morning, clearly showing that the Good Friday crucifixion and Easter Sunday morning resurrection cannot be supported by Scripture and is merely a tradition of the Catholic Church.

From the scriptures that I will provide it seems to indicate most dogmatically that a Thursday crucifixion is the only day that fits the Scriptural mandate.

Scripture states that “on the third day” He (Yahshua) will rise instead of after it.

Mark 9:31 For He taught His disciples, and said to them, The Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And being killed, He will rise up on the third day.
Mat 16:21 From that time, Yahshua began to show to His disciples that it was necessary for Him to go away to Jerusalem, and to suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and to be killed, and to be raised on
the third day.
Mat 17:23 And they will kill Him, and on the third day He will be raised. And they grieved exceedingly.
Mat 20:19 And they will deliver Him up to the nations to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify. And on the third day He will rise again.
Luk 18:33 And flogging Him, they will kill Him. And on the third day He will rise again.
Luk 9:22 saying, The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised on the third day.

So it appears pretty clear from Scripture that Yahshua would be raised ON the third day and NOT after the third day on the fourth day. This is because the body would rot by the fourth day and would be corroded. That is why Ps 16:10 states “you have not left my soul in Sheol, you have not let your Holy one see corruption.” The indication is that the Messiah would not be left in the grave until the 4th day when the body would have started to corrode. Look at the following scripture to also confirm this from the death of Lazarus or Eliazar in the Hebrew.

Joh 11:17 Then coming, Yahshua found him already being held in the tomb four days.
Joh 11:38 Then groaning again within Himself, Yahshua came to the tomb. And it was a cave, and a stone was placed upon its entrance.
Joh 11:39 And Yahshua said, Take this stone away! Martha, the sister of the dead man, said to him, My Master, it is the fourth day. He stinks already!

So there is no doubt in Scripture that Yahshua plainly prophesied that He would be resurrected out of the tomb on the third day and NOT after it.

Now the next question is the third day from when?

I believe Luke 24 gives us our answer. Yahshua met 2 disciples, one whose name was Cleopas and they did not recognize him, and He asked why they were so sad. They continued to explain to him about the things that have happened to Yahshua and they tell him plainly;

Luk 24:21b But then with all these things, this third day comes today since these things happened.

We know this encounter happened on a Sunday, the first day of the week!

Cleopas told Yahshua exactly what it was the third day from:

Luk 24:19 And He said to them, What things? And they said to Him, The things concerning Yahshua the Nazarene, who was a man, a prophet mighty in deed and word before Elohim and all the people;
Luk 24:20 and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to the judgment of death, and crucified Him.

So right out of Scripture we see that it was the crucifixion that was 3 days back from that Sunday afternoon, when Yahshua met these two disciples. You can still count 3 days and 3 nights from Thursday afternoon to early Sunday morning, while still dark, when the resurrection would have happened. As a matter of fact every historical record does show that Yahshua was resurrected after sunset Saturday evening right before dawn on the first day of the week and not before. As a matter of fact, this was what the Quartodecimen controversy in the early second century was all about; whether to keep Passover on the 14th of Aviv, according to Scripture, or according to the Catholic Easter on the first day of the week, due to the resurrection being Saturday evening on the Day of Firstfruits, on the beginning of the first of the week. Yahshua was the wavesheaf and would have had to be resurrected on the Day of Firstfruits, which was the first day of the week during Passover week.

Yahshua was the Passover lamb (1Cor 5:7) and the Holy Days are only there as markers and shadows of His great redemptive work that He is doing with mankind. We celebrate these days each year as a memorial to Him and in commemoration of the redemptive work that He has accomplished, and will continue to accomplish, in His disciples until He returns.

So since these days are benchmarks to that redemptive work, it only stands to reason that He would have, and will, literally, fulfill the exact meaning of each Holy Day. As the true Passover lamb of Yahweh, it is inconceivable that He could die on any other day than the actual Passover (Aviv 14).

In like matter, the Feast of Firstfruits, which is also called the Feast of the Resurrection, and fully pictures Him as the true wave-sheaf of Yahweh, and the first of the firstfruits, could be the only day He would be resurrected, as that was the purpose of the day itself. (Please read our article on Yahshua and the Wavesheaf)

1Co 15:20 But now Messiah has been raised from the dead; He became the first-fruit of those having fallen asleep.
1Co 15:21 For since death is through man, also through a Man is a resurrection of the dead;
1Co 15:22 for as in Adam all die, so also in Messiah all will be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But each in his own order: Messiah, the firstfruit; afterward those of Messiah at His coming.

So if He was the living wave-sheaf and the actual firstfruit of the resurrection, then it only stands to reason He would be resurrected on the day that represents that.

The way that was used to get the firstfruit omer ready was to beat the sheaf.

Each person had to cut his own sheaf, as each one of us needs to have the wave sheaf (a type of Messiah’s sacrifice for our sins) accepted by Yahweh, and the people could not bring the offering themselves, only the priest (type of Yahshua) could bring the sacrifice on behalf of the people and then, wave the sheaf up to heaven.

Also, the beating of the sheaf by each person represents the beating that Yahshua had to take, for each one of our sins to be forgiven. Then on Shavuot the wave-sheave was ground into flour and made into two leavened loaves, one for the house of Ephraim, and one for the House of Judah. Since the loaves represented people, they were leavened, as only Yahshua, the true wave-sheaf was without sin.

You will notice that the “wave-sheaf” was to be lifted up and waved toward heaven, as a symbol of something actually being transferred to heaven, to be presented and accepted by the One who sits on the throne of the universe.

When you understand the true meaning behind the barley and wave-sheaf ceremony, it is crystal clear that the wave sheaf could not be issued on behalf of one or two fields, or even one area, of only one tribe, because He is the wave-sheaf of “all 12 tribes of Israel”.

Joh 20:16-17 Yahshua said to her, Mariam! Turning around, she said to Him, Rabboni! (that is to say, My Great One). Yahshua said to her, Do not touch Me,
for I have not yet ascended to My Father. But go to My brothers and say to them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and My Elohim, and your Elohim.

These scriptures clearly show that the whole wave-sheaf ceremony was only instituted as a fore-shadow of the perfect one to come, as the perfect offering to Yahweh, as the forgiveness of our sins, and by His sacrifice being perfect and accepted, then at the resurrection, so will we be accepted into the family of Yahweh, and accepted as His brethren.

Heb 2:11 For both the One sanctifying and the ones being sanctified are all of one nature; for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren.

Also, if Yahshua was crucified on the 14th day of Aviv on Thursday, then that would mean that the day traditionally called palm Sunday where Yahshua triumphantly entered Jerusalem would also have been the 10th day of Aviv, the very day that the Passover lamb was set apart and chosen to be the Passover sacrifice (Ex 12:3-6).

It is most striking that as He entered Jerusalem the people shouted “hosanna, blessed is the one coming in the name of Yahweh”. The word ‘hosanna’ is in command form and literally means SAVE NOW! As the lamb was being set apart for the Passover ceremony, the true lamb of YHWH was being selected for the true Passover and sacrifice of Himself for the penalty of the sins of His people.

The crucifixion took place on Thursday afternoon (day 5) and starting at sunset Thursday (beginning of day 6) was the first Holy Day of unleavened bread and then, the weekly Sabbath would have followed the next day. Look at the following scripture in John 19:31 compared to Mathew 28:1 to prove that there was two Sabbath Days between the crucifixion and the resurrection; one being a Holy Day Sabbath and one the weekly Sabbath.

Joh 19:31a The Jews therefore, because it was the Preparation, that the bodies should not remain on the stake upon the Sabbath (for the day of that Sabbath was a Holy Day)
Mat 28:1 Now after the Sabbaths (plural), at the dawning into the first of the Sabbaths Mariam of Magdalene and the other Mariam came to look upon the grave.

The first Sabbath mentioned in John 19:31 was the High day or Holy day of Unleavened Bread, and then in Mathew 28 in the original manuscripts it says clearly that there was a second Sabbath, which would have been the weekly Sabbath. Unmistakably, there were 2 Sabbaths, which totally rejects the Friday crucifixion and Sunday resurrection, but also nowhere does it state that there is a mysterious day in between these two Sabbaths. The crucifixion clearly fell on Thursday, the Holy day of unleavened bread on Friday and the weekly Sabbath on Saturday, and as it was dawning into what Scripture calls the first of the Sabbaths, this is clearly the “Feast of First Fruits” which started the 7 Sabbath count to Shavuot, which is why it is referred to as the first of the Sabbaths or better yet the first of the Sabbath count to Shavuot.

The fact that it is clearly shown about the importance of Yahshua being resurrected on this Feast of First Fruits is because He is the first of the first fruits, and the fulfillment of the wave sheaf ceremony, which would tell us that whenever He was resurrected, it would have to be after sunset Saturday on the day of first fruits, which His resurrection represents.

Now look at the next verse at what happened exactly at this time that Mariam Maglalene was coming to the tomb while it was still dark just before sunrise on the first day of the week.

Mat 28:2 And, behold! A great earthquake occurred! For descending from Heaven and coming near, a cherub of YAHWEH rolled away the stone from the door and was sitting on it.

Compare this scripture to what happened right before Yahshua died.

Mat 27:50 And crying again with a loud voice, Yahshua released His spirit.
Mat 27:51 And, behold! The veil of the sanctuary was torn into two from above as far as below. And the earth quaked, and the rocks were sheared!

So we see a great earthquake occurring right after His death and also right after His resurrection. This clearly puts the resurrection early morning on Yom Rishon (the first day of the week) during the latter part of the night, while it was still dark before sunrise that morning.

With this fact in mind, let’s look at another scripture that will prove that this can only put the crucifixion on a Thursday or day five of the 7 day weekly cycle. Remember after Yahshua died the Pharisees asked Pilate for a guard at the tomb because they knew Yahshua had prophesied that He would rise up on the third day. Let’s look at what happened then.

Return to “Renewed Covenant”