A forum to discuss Bible Translations

Was Paul a Lawbreaker Part 1

Discuss the Renewed Covenant and Paul's writings, or produce your own for discussion!
robdavid

Was Paul a Lawbreaker Part 1

Postby robdavid » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:12 pm

A Transcription of a sermon a brother gave regarding Paul.

Was Paul a lawbreaker ? part 1

Who was Paul? what did He teach? was He a law breaker? I am going to hit it from a whole different angle. I want start in Hebrews 9:15.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

And basically everybody has heard of a last will and testament. And this is what is being talked about here, that when you have a testament or a will, while you are living that testament or will has no effect whatsoever. Very logical, people have parents who have a will, as long as the parents are alive the will doesn’t take effect. You’ve probably seen it in movies or heard about it or maybe its happened to you or someone in your family, at the last minute before somebody died for whatever reason they changed their will. They cut somebody out they put somebody in, whatever. But the point of it is that as long as they are alive they can do that because once the person is dead that will cannot be changed. It doesn’t matter what the situation is it doesn’t matter how it was there have been many stories of very rich people that left money to somebody or didn’t leave money to somebody. You probably all heard of Howard Hughes very very rich, one of the richest men in the world who for different reasons when he died all these wills showed up, he left this one money, he didn’t leave this one money. But that’s the point once the persons dead the will or testament cannot be changed. So the first point I want to make as far as paul is whether Paul was a law breaker or whether Paul wasn’t a law breaker. In once sense it really doesn’t make a difference because paul is not the centre of the Gospel. Paul is not the one who died for our sins Paul is not the one who we believe in. If their was a change in the law you would have to find that change in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. I mean Paul himself was the one who said if anyone come even an angel from heaven and bring another Gospel, don’t listen to him, so that’s the first point I want to make. All this discussion on Paul and the law (Torah) or whether you keep the law or don’t keep the law its really a mute point anyway because Yahushua is the Messiah.
Yahushua Messiah is the one who died for your sins Yahushua is the one who if their was anything changed you would have to find it in red letter between Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. We know in Matthew 5: 17 through 20 Yahushua said He did not come annul the law to do away with but He came to full-fill and that word is to add to, to cram to give more of law and till heaven and earth pass not one jot or tittle not the smallest part of the law will pass by no means untill all is fulfilled.
And He went on to explain what He meant by that, the old law said you shall not murder, that’s the letter, I say if you even think anger you have already murdered.
So what he came to do was to bring, we had half the law ,we had the letter, He came to fill up the rest of the glass with the Spirit and put the two together. So like I said if Paul was a law breaker or Paul was teaching that the letter was no longer required then right of the bat we shouldn’t be listening to him anyway. But as where going to see that’s not the case, and probably Paul understood law and grace better than anyone else in the new testament times. First lets go to Philippians 3 lets get a little bit of a background on who Paul was, and what he did, and I think like it says ‘you will know them by their fruits’ by many of the things Paul did we will see exactly why Paul said what He did and what exactly was Paul saying and what he didn’t say and what was he accused of and what he didn’t do. I think we can see from Yahushuas account, many things they accused Yahushua of where only false accusations anyway.

Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh(this is Paul speaking). If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

So right out of Pauls own mouth we see that he was a Benjaminite Hebrew he was a Pharisee and he was blameless as far as the law went. Paul was a 100% law keeper. The problem with Paul though, and I don’t think any of us can ever , ever understand what this man went through. Because he not only persecuted the congregation of Yahweh he literally murdered or at least attested to the murdering of many Christians. He was at the middle of it, and like I say whether he was literally the one who murdered somebody he gave the command he went with the letters he went to the house to house rounding people up. And I think he saw the reason why he did this was so zealous for the letter he couldn’t even begin to imagine the spiritual aspect of the law. And I think it affected him being a Pharisee, and if you know anything about the Pharisees they where meticulous in the letter. Another thing as we start to get into this, don’t forget the fact that Paul being a Pharisee, because we know in the times of Yahushua there where three sects of people, there where the Pharisees, Sadducees and the Essienes three sects of priests. And the Essienes who did not go along with the way the worship was going on through the temple where out of that situation. So basically as far as the temple went and the authority of that time you only had priests from either Pharisees or Sadducees. And we know that the Pharisees where the oral interpreters of the law they where in the synagogues. And we know that the Sadducees where the ones who ran the temple, and all the things concerning the temple. We also know that the Pharisees were very strict in all their oral interpretations we know they believed in a resurrection and we know the Sadducees 100% did not believe in the resurrection. And this was a major point of contention between the two groups that’s going to come up a little later as where going to see.

Lassie1865

Re: Was Paul a Lawbreaker Part 1

Postby Lassie1865 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:03 pm

The Pharisees did not persecute the Messianics. So where did Paul get this idea that he should?

How do you read Romans 7? God cannot die; and surely, the God of Sinai did not die; God did not end His one and only Covenant. Paul's god reads like Dionysus.

Return to “Renewed Covenant”