A forum to discuss Bible Translations

Change to registration

A forum for Announcements only
TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Change to registration

Postby TWTY-Admin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 am

Due to the fact that a few spam-bots have tried to join the forums, registration is now no longer automatic for people - once you've registered, you need to check your email Inbox that you registered with for an email from TWTY forum, asking to confirm that you are in fact a real person, or at least not a spammer :)

Registered users shouldn't be affected, but if you are, send us an email using the Contact form on TWTY, and I'll re-authenticate you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused :)
TWTY website and forum Administrator.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guests Unable to See Topics

Postby TWTY-Admin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 am

If you're wondering why you can't see topics or posts, then my guess is that you're not signed in, or you haven't registered and therefore can't sign in anyway.

Due to the fact that quite a lot of spammer bots have been trying to join the site since its inception, being unable to see any topics other than those in the announcements and Questions category, doing this will deter them from attempting to join the site and start posting spammer topics (of which I've had to delete 4 of already).

So, if you want to read and see posts and topics - then you need to sign/log in :)

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Re: Change to registration

Postby TWTY-Admin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 am

Well, it seems like the above idea hasn't solved the problem. Spam members keep joining, and so I've had to set all new registrations to "Administration", this means I have to approve every new member that joins.

Obviously this is okay for a small forum like this, so if you're a new member and you're wondering why you have yet to receive an "approved" email, then just assume I haven't got around to activating your account just yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused - 'tis the fault of spam accounts!

Return to “Announcements”