A forum to discuss Bible Translations

The End of the World

Anyone can post here
TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

The End of the World

Postby TWTY-Admin » Wed May 18, 2011 3:48 pm

So, quite a few people are saying it's the "Rapture" this coming Saturday.

Does anyone know which Time zone they're going by?
TWTY website and forum Administrator.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Rob

Re: The End of the World

Postby Rob » Thu May 19, 2011 9:04 am

lol - dunno but I hope they are right :P

Theophilus

Postby Theophilus » Fri May 20, 2011 6:04 pm

I recall hearing some discussion about this. Apparently it is to occur in a rolling fashion by timezone so that the rapture occurs during the same clock hor around the globe, starting with the international dateline. Much like Y2K, see what happens in New Zealand and prepare accordingly. :roll:

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Fri May 20, 2011 9:58 pm

:lol:

So that's how it's working is it.

We did some reading up on this during our Sabbath meeting tonight. Apparently this is another prediction of one "Harold Camping", who also made the same prediction for 1994. He also owns familyradio.com, which broadcasts world wide, supposedly.

Harold Camping certainly has some of the weirdest calculations for all this that I've ever seen.

But roll on May 22nd. Just another false prophet.

Please respect everyone, and try to not get too heated when discussing one's point of view :)

Royce

Postby Royce » Sat May 21, 2011 2:18 am

I know, folks have been asking me all day if I think its real etc.. :lol: I am like, are you serious or just jacking with me? My friends know I am kind of outside the box when it comes to whats real and what the media and governments say is real. It is entertaining at any rate. I heard folks were sending him all their money and possesions because they wouldnt need them after tomorrow but then why would he? :D Good stuff

TWTY-Admin
Site Admin

Postby TWTY-Admin » Sat May 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Well, it's now gone 18:30 GMT/UTC. EST is UTC -5, so we've still got about 4 1/2 hours left to wait until we truly "know" whether Mr. Camping is right or not.

I'm absolutely, completely, totally certain that he's doubtlessly wrong. There is just categorically nothing significant about this day.

And his "calculations" for all of this are just so laughable, it saddens me just how gullible humans truly are :(

Royce

Postby Royce » Sun May 22, 2011 2:16 am

it saddens me just how gullible humans truly are :(
Not sure if it saddens me but it is very surprising. Some things that seem so obvious to me and others are totally unthinkable to the majority it seems. I hear media say this or that and the government say this or that and Im like wow, OK who could stand to gain from this and what laws could it be used to pass. Thats the way things work in our present world unfortunately folks. But hey, I am curious to see if Camping disappeared in the "rapture" with all his followers money :o .
People are amusing aren't they?
:D

tagim

Postby tagim » Sun May 22, 2011 5:08 am

Hello, all. Now that the 21st gossip is over, let's enjoy what is left. So nice to hear from Indonesia. You are one sought out fellow, Steven.

Return to “For All”